Essential maintenance for Ceartas and OPAL telephone lines: Friday 24th July 2020 from 1:30PM onward23 July, 2020
The Ceartas distance challenge for August: did we finish the West Highland Way? More than 6 times over…11 September, 2020
In response to the increasing use of smart technology during the COVID19 outbreak and at the request of our members, the team at Ceartas has developed a new tool to help increase access to the service for the people of East Dunbartonshire.
Supported by the Scottish Government via the Wellbeing Fund operated by our friends at SCVO, the CCCC (Ceartas: Connect, Create, Change) app is a dedicated web-app offering an instant referral process and secure chat facility, helping streamline contact to ourselves for those who would rather do so digitally. It offers a new route to accessing key information and resources, including details about our groups that are all going digital.
Although the current Ceartas website is fully accessible on all smart devices, our web-app offers new functions and a different route to the service that will appeal to both people who are comfortable using digital tools/technology and those who are new or developing their skills in the digital world.
How to get the CCCC web-app
It’s very easy to download the Ceartas web-app: if you are on your smart device, you can do so by clicking this link an following the instructions, or by following the instructions on the picture below. (You can also view the app on your computer by clicking the link above).
What’s the difference between a web-based app vs a standard app from the Apple/Play/Other store
We’ve been asked a few questions about the difference of web-based apps vs an app (that you’d access on the Apple Store or Play Store):
- A web-app is a website that is designed specifically for smart devices, offering new features, ease of access and concise info that are different from a parent website (I’m sure you’ll see the difference).
- A web-app presents as a bookmark on your smart device that takes you directly to the web page for the web-app, via your browser (Safari, Google Chrome etc).
- This bookmark will display as a tile on your home screen and look much the same as an app does, but as it goes via your browser you will only be using data (or WiFi) to access, so it will take up minimal storage on your device as you are not actually downloading a file.
- So a web-app still presents as the same, offering the same functions and features of apps on the app store.
- Not only would a normal app on the store take up valuable storage, but it also requires loads of maintenance and would need to be updated VERY often, which is VERY expensive.
Please contact us if you have any issues accessing the CCCC app.
The Ceartas Team