Open De Café, 28th September 2012.19 September, 2012
Ceartas Get Shorty With Clyde!28 September, 2012
As well as being an organisation that works with disabled people, Ceartas has now been recognised by the Department for Work and Pensions as an organisation that is Positive About Disabled People.
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- to review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
Whenever you see the 'Two Ticks' symbol attached to a job advertisement or job application, you know that the employer takes their commitment to equal opportunities for disabled people seriously, that their commitment is being monitored, and that it should be subject to constant improvement.