“Safe and Secure” Workshops1 August, 2012
Still Game host SIAA9 August, 2012
Ceartas Advocacy are looking to expand the support they give to those who use their services by training and supporting volunteers to help with various roles. Tasks may include:
- Accompanying Advocacy Workers to visits
- Follow up with those who have recently used the advocacy service
- Assisting people to complete Advanced Statements
- Provide a follow up service for people moving into care
- Assisting with group and individual advocacy
- Service User Evaluations
- Link work in care homes and hospitals
Volunteers will initially undergo a 5 session Training Programme including: An introduction to Ceartas, Understanding the System, Doing Advocacy, Who are our Service Users and Legislation. Training will take place over four Thursday afternoons from 6th-27th September 2012.
Volunteers will then be interviewed and, if successful, will be supported into an appropriate role and given further specific training as necessary. As well as an Induction to the organisation, there is also an opportunity to discuss what you hope to get out of the role. Volunteers must be 18 years or over and should have an empathy for the aims of Ceartas, be reliable and trustworthy and have good listening and communication skills.
Contact Pam Thomson on 0141 775 0433 if you would like an Information Pack, further details or to express an interest to attend the Training Programme.