De Café is a group for anyone living with, or concerned about, dementia or memory loss. It is an informal setting where people with dementia and their carers can meet and speak to each other.
As well as providing social support and a chance to swap stories and experiences, De Café is an opportunity to get information from Ceartas and other organisations, and updates about what is happening in the world of dementia.
De Café also gives you a chance to access to Independent Advocacy, and talk through any issues you might be having.
De Café aims to:
- Provide a relaxed and informal environment where people can talk to each other about some of the issues they face living with dementia.
- Provide information about dementia and local services for people affected by dementia
- Prevent isolation for people affected by dementia.
- Encourage access to Independent Advocacy and carer support services at an early stage.
There are four De Café meetings across East Dunbartonshire every month:
- Bishopbriggs – Woodhill Evangelical Church, on the first Tuesday of the month from 2.30pm to 4.00pm
- Milngavie – Milngavie Town Hall, on the first Wednesday of the month from 10.30am to 12,00pm
- Bearsden – Killermont Parish Church on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 2.00pm to 4.00pm
- Kirkintilloch – Kirkintilloch Baptist Church, in the Upper Hall on the last Friday of the month from 1.30pm to 3.00pm
For dates and times, please see the What’s On page.