Are you the boss of your brain injury? You can be!
In conjunction with Headway Glasgow, Ceartas are hosting a self-management course aimed specifically at people with an Acquired Brain Injury. The course will look at several different aspects of self-management:
- How you can understand your brain injury.
- How you can feel better about yourself.
- How you can manage your own health and get the best from support services.
- How to make changes to improve your life.
The self-management course will be delivered in two-hour sessions over six weeks starting in early August (the exact date is still to be confirmed). The sessions are roughly broken down into:
- Understanding where I am now.
- Who can help, and do they?
- How do I feel?
- How do I get the best from my support and treatment?
- How do I act, and can I change this if I choose?
- Next steps: where do I go from here?
If you would like to take part, or are interested in finding out more about the self-management course, please contact Pam Thomson on 0141 775 0433, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.